Are you struggling to get the most out of reluctant writers who seem stuck? How to get C-grade writing out of D-grade writers has a 5-hour course option and a 2-hour course option that will show you how to get more out of struggling writers. The course will put you inside the shoes of the D-grade writer, help you clearly see the difference between D-grade and C-grade responses, and help you construct a path out for reluctant writers.
In this course you will learn;
- How to overcome the ‘bigotry of low expectations’
- Why your writing problem is not a writing problem at all
- Practical tools to address writing reluctance and engagement
- Why clarity is king
- How to meaningfully switch from achievement to growth
- How to construct a writing path between a D-grade and a C-grade
- Tips and tricks to help students more effectively engage with the content
- Lots of light bulb moments
About the Presenter
Brad Kelly (BA, Grad Dip. Ed, MEd Leadership) has a confession. He was a D-grade student up to Year 10. Twenty-five years later, with 15 years of experience in the classroom and in curriculum leadership, he has taught over 1,000 teachers how to get more out of student writers and has professionally published – give or take a few hundred words – 384,000 words. Brad has authored five modern history textbooks with Cengage Nelson including The Cold War 1945-1991 (2018), The World Order 1991-2011 (2018), Investigating Modern History (2018) and more. He has been a presenter at HTA NSW, TTA professional learning, consults schools on improving writing instruction and is the founder of Cornerstone Teacher Learning.
Select your course below for more information and to register
- November 17 @ 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM at Webinar
- November 9 @ 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM at Webinar