$390 per person + GST
Garry Hol leads teachers through a journey of literature that will inspire Year 7, 8, 9 and 10 English students. The popular presenter will take participants through the Stage 4 and 5 ‘Reading Room’ to pick extracts and literature that will engage and motivate students, and provide loads of tips and activities to help teachers develop classroom ready resources.
Teaching Literature to Inspire – Stage 4 and 5 English is for teachers of English from Year 7 to 10 who want to:
- Gain confidence in motivating a love of literature among their students
- Get a teacher’s toolkit of teaching activities, resources and ideas
- Understand how to select texts of increasing complexity
- Build confidence in hitting the main points in the study of literature.
This five-hour NESA endorsed course will:
- Analyse the qualities of a number of extracts of increasing complexity
- Examine the thematic concerns in each of the extracts
- Put the study of literature in the context of adolescent development
- Workshop teaching strategies to engage students
- Help students with formative and summative assessment
- Introduce teachers to the range of adolescent literature.
- Provide loads of a-ha! moments.
Australian Teacher Professional Standards
2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities
3.2.2 Plan and implement well-structured learning and teaching programs or lesson sequences that engage students and promote learning
Garry has spent nearly 20 years in the classroom in state and independent high schools and in the last few years he has become a popular presenter because of his passionate take on literature in the classroom. He is dedicated to helping teachers inspire their students and share his knowledge and resources.
Select your course below for more information and to register
- 11/03/2020 @ 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM at Club York